Add Items To The Start Button
The best technique to edit the windows registry keys, always export or backup the whole windows registry keys on backup drive before editing. Because any mistake in Registry can cause serious problem in your computer to
Follow the given steps to change the Start button setting.
1. First click on Start button then type Regedit in Run option.
2. In Registry Editor go to left hand panel, and find HKey_Classes_Root/Directory/Shell
3. Here Right click on Shell folder option and add any new key with descriptive name and Press Enter.
4. Now Right click on that key and give the full path of that program you are interested to add in start button. For example if you want to add MS excel, then full path may be C:\program file\msoffice\msexcel.EXE.
5. Now close all open programs and check the changes in your computer Start button.